Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infection?

• Please log in to reply

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
It looks like your problems are not malware related. But anyway try to run following scan once again:

We should proceed with general antimalware scan which can take quite a long time so please be patient.

Download Virus Removal Tool (VRT) from Here to your desktop
(You have to enter your e-mail address and click on Submit Form button. Please download latest English version of this tool)

Run the programme you have just downloaded to your desktop (it will be randomly named )

First we will run a virus scan

Click the cog in the upper right
Posted Image

Select down to and including your main drive, once done select the Automatic scan tab and press Start Scan
(Please be patient as this scan can take a few hours)
Posted Image

Allow VRT to delete all infections found
Once it has finished select report tab (last tab)
Select Detected threads report from the left and press Save button
Save it to your desktop and attach to your next post

Now the Analysis

Rerun VRT and select the Manual Disinfection tab and press Start Gathering System Information

Posted Image

On completion click on Report sending and then the link avptool sysinfo.zip (open the file manager) to locate the zip file to upload and attach to your next post

Posted Image

Advertisements

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Sorry for the slow response.... I'm working a lot but am doing the Kspersky scan now and will post it asap.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I let the Kaspersky scan run overnight and today the PC said it restarted to do updates.... did Kaspersky generate a report?

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
No. You have to save it manually. Please run Kaspersky scan one more time.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
:thumbsup:

Attached Files

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK. What does it first part of scan say?

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Do you mean "no threats detected"?

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK. From provided logs your computer seems to be malware free.

At this point if your computer is nor running well I would suggest OS reinstall. As you don't have Vista install media I recommend you to borow it from your friends, collegues etc. Then follow instructions here.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
OK, but I don't have friends who are physically close so this may take some time (to get it sent etc. assuming they have one). I'm currently checking into it. In the mean time is it possible that there is a Key-logger/Screenshot program running unseen?

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Is there any other way to get a Vista OS?

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

Is there any other way to get a Vista OS?

Legally? Unfortunately I don't know if this is possible as Vista is obsolete OS.

In the mean time is it possible that there is a Key-logger/Screenshot program running unseen?

From provided logs no. But everything is possible.

In my opinion your major concern goes to bad cooling system of your laptop. CPU temperature above 90° C is way too high even for 100% load state.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
So if it is the cooling system will reinstalling the OS help?

Do you know of somewhere in my PC I can look for a Key-logger/screenshot program?

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts

So if it is the cooling system will reinstalling the OS help?

No.

Do you know of somewhere in my PC I can look for a Key-logger/screenshot program?

No. Why you want to look for that?

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
So if that's true I should take it back to the repair shop and have them inspect the cooling system?

Like I said before,from the strange things the PC does it seams to me that something else is running on my PC.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts

So if that's true I should take it back to the repair shop and have them inspect the cooling system?

Yes, I highly recommend that.

Like I said before,from the strange things the PC does it seams to me that something else is running on my PC.

From provided logs there are no traces of malware. Are you using your computer for e-banking?