Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help. emachine T3304

• Please log in to reply

tand138

tand138

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,

I am new to Geeks to Go as a member, but have used this site to help me several times in the past. I have an emachine T3304 that I bought cheap and I removed some malware and spyware from it, now it will only boot to the system recovery. I do not have the restore discs, and I could not make them because the machine was pretty infected. Does anyone have an idea how I can get around the system recovery requiring discs? Thank you for your help in advance

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The only legal way is to buy a copy of XP or the Recovery disc for that Emachines model.

The recovery disk is no longer available from Emachines but you can get one from restoredisks.com for $20. I've bought a few from there and they worked great.

tand138

tand138

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you. I was trying not to spend any money, but I guess I might have to. Thank you again.