Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection problem

• Please log in to reply

vembrio

vembrio

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi G2G,

I have installed D-Link DIR-655 as my router and I used Cisco for signal repeater.
The problem is I can connect to the network but I can't get through to internet.
So I tried to fix this problem by using static IP and it worked.
The point is, I want to connect device that using dynamic IP.
Help me please.

Regards,

James

Advertisements

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
when you ipconfig does it show dhcp is enabled?

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
were do you configure you dns settings? Signal repeater? Like a hub?

vembrio

vembrio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

were do you configure you dns settings? Signal repeater? Like a hub?

I config it at my router,or maybe I'm just need to hard-reset the signal repeater?
Because, before I came to this building, someone has modified the settings on both the router and the signal repeater.

Thanks for replying.

-James

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
from cmd.exe type ipcinfig/all does it say DHCP enabled? you can also type ping 127.0.0.0 wich if it works or not will tell you if you ip stack is good or not. If it fails than you can reinstall by typing netsh int ip reset this will reset your tcp/ip settings to default. What Ive read this symptom could be relted to a third party software that uses net commands.

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Remember to re secure the router especially if using encryption. I use wap2 for what its worth

vembrio

vembrio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Resolved, I'm simply doing hard-restart the repeater then re-configuring the system.
All good now, thank you for your time.

jchunk

jchunk

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Power off/on reset or a factory default reset? Depending on you ISP/router the latter has more consequences. IF you happy with results than awesome i just don't want to see you with an insecure network thinking everything is fine -cheers!