Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP Boots with very small screen!

• Please log in to reply

saee

saee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello there

I am using Dell Latitude laptop with Win XP OS. Recently I have formatted the laptop and re installed the XP.

But since then, when the laptop boots it shows small screen with small logo (Dell logo and Windows XP logo) and small letters.

Once the system is loaded, the laptop works with normal resolution (full screen).

But when I run certain DOS based applications in command prompt, the screen size (& corresponding display/fonts) gets very small.

I am unable to work becuase of this small resolution screen. I tired to change property settings of DOS/Command prompt, but it seems the problem is elsewhere, as the screen is getting shrink at boot screen itself.

Can some one please help me out?

thanks

avinash

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like you have not installed the device driver for your video.

Open Device Manager and see if there area any entries with yellow marks.

You can get any needed device drivers from http://support.dell.com. Just enter your Service Tag number then download and install what you need.

saee

saee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Ztruker

Thanks buddy for replying.

Yes it got resolved.
There was setting problem in BIOS/Video option which was disabled.

Thanks