Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stuck in recovery, different from other topics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DarthBlood

DarthBlood

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i googled "iphone stuck in recovery mode" and found a lot of topics stating that the phones were stuck after trying to restore to factory settings. the thing is, all those topics mentioned having jailbroken phones.

i've never tried to jail break mine, and i know for a fact it isn't since i bought it brand new.

anyway, here's the backstory:

i used to have a laptop (let's call it laptop 1). it's what i used to sync my iphone to. then some stuff happened, i got a new laptop (laptop 2). i installed itunes on #2 and readded all my music. now i want to sync the iphone to #2. i expect all the previous stuff to be deleted, and i'm fine with that since i added new songs and deleted some old ones on #2. but when i sync it, it says there's not enough space and i need an additional 3-4gb. i know that's a problem because i have a 15gb iphone and my music takes up only like 4gb.

so me, being the idiot i am, decided to restore to factory settings and downloaded the new software at the same time. i do it, and now i'm stuck on a screen with a usb rising up and pointing at the itunes symbol. i tried restarting multiple times, restarted my laptop, etc. but nothing, still stuck on that screen. when i connect my phone to my laptop, the itunes doesn't recognize that there is anything even plugged in.

how do i fix this?

even worse, i'm dreading that all my data will be irrevocably lost. will i lose my contacts? will i lose my game data? i bought a bunch of games a while ago, and i dont know if it ever transferred from my phone to my laptop.

any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisements

Hyacinthknave

Hyacinthknave

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I dont know anything about the recovery, but i assure u that any app u purchased from the appstore will be registered to ur account, u can download it again and again and again, no charge!

DarthBlood

DarthBlood

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ah thanks for the reassurance.

if no one else has anything to offer i think i'm going to have to take it to the apple store...oh man that's such a pain in the [bleep].

adamsmith0123

adamsmith0123

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Try to put it in DFU mode and restore it.