Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant play AoE/ AOE 2 online need serious help

• Please log in to reply

JoNyRiVeR

JoNyRiVeR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello

i have a very big problem with my current network it seems. it wont let me join or host any online games. i have tried a lot, opened router ports, proxy server ports but i dont know whats the problem. i could play 2 months ago with a diffrent net provider but back then i didnt had a router connected. some suggestions ?

Advertisements

Rocketman1Dave

Rocketman1Dave

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
i have had similar problems with some games before, where i could not host a game although i was till able to play and join other games. if u have added a router it seems like the firewall with your router is not allowing you to join games, to see if it is the router disconect it and hook up your computer to the internet and see if that allows you to join games, if so we know the problem is with the router and we can work from there

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
make sure FW is off and try this http://zone.msn.com/...cle/support3401

Edited by bobthemailman, 07 June 2005 - 05:00 PM.

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
also try this http://support.micro...kb;en-us;240429