Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer runs in slow motion when watching internet videos and speakin

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Must be temporary fault on Microsoft server, I presume,  get it from here and then it will update as required from Microsoft

http://www.softpedia...oad-131683.html

Edited by Macboatmaster, 21 February 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Advertisements

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi, i have removed AVG and installed the microsoft security essentials and ran scan, no problems. However, noticed that temperatures are still high when watching videos online. I have sent an email to samsung asking how to get the cover of the back, not sure they will respond or not. was on skype last night and there was just one minor incident when the slow motion happened but only lasted for a few seconds normally its a lot worst. wonder if its an issue with skype.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I do not think soThe pointer is I think that the temps increase to quite high levels when driving the graphics etc.

They will always rise, but I remain convinced that you really need to try and progress the issue, not paying for tech help from samsung even if it was available but by means of their advice how to access the fans.

Try this enter setup BIOS. ON post screen watch to see which key to press to enter setup - could be F2 or Delete or another.

Enter BIOS setup see if there is an option for the fans. This screenshot is only an example

Attached Thumbnails

• asusqfan.jpg

Edited by Macboatmaster, 22 February 2013 - 07:38 AM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, went into BIOS and looked for the fan, no fan setting at all. Looked through every menu and sub-menu, nothing :confused: do you think thats weird not having a fan setting. Is it possible to enter the BIOS when the windows is running so i could do a screen shot of the menus to send to you?

I did get a reply from samsung who warned not to take the back and to clear vents with compressed air. The vents arnt blocked since i hoovered them. I'm going to send them the temperature and see what they think.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
No not necessarily

Not all systems have those settings, and no you cannot go in via windows.

Wait and see what you get from Samsung and if no good try this -

ENSURE you make a record of what you change if it will let you, so that you can go back after.

I am not sure if this will work - having looked at your speedfan screen
http://www.almico.co...rticle.php?id=5

Edited by Macboatmaster, 22 February 2013 - 08:38 AM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Tried the speedfan but it didnt show any fans at all, even when i went into the configure settings. wonder if the fans are broken?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I saw that and that is why I added - I am not sure this will work having looked at your speedfan screen.

I regret to say, that the question - re the fans, how many, where etc. can only be answered by Samsung, or perhaps I should say - I cannot find the answer.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 22 February 2013 - 10:49 AM.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi, just heard back from samsung. Due to their poor support website i had to put choose a product code that wasnt for my PC so they think ive got a laptop even though i put the model number in the question i was asking. They suggest the following:

I have consulted with my collegue as well and it sounds like the unit could be running slighly hotter than it should be.

Here are some suggestions to improve the situation.

Firstly I would suggest that you use the can of compressed air to dislodge dust and dirt from within the unit. Simply use the nossel on the fan inputs.
The next suggestion would be to ensure the item is being used in a good location. Please keep the item away from sources of heat as this could be the cause of the problem. The fans may be blowing in hot air around the electronics.

I am then going to suggest that you do a reset of your bios and check that your fan settings are set to auto.

Reset BIOS

. Switch off the laptop, wait a few minutes and switch the laptop back on.
. Whilst the laptop is still booting up, (before the Samsung start up screen), tap several times on the F2 button.
. When the BIOS loads up, press F9 and select Yes to load defaults.
. Can you then go to the Advanced tab and ensure that your fan settings are set to "Auto"
. Press F10 and select Yes to Save and Exit.

Yesterday i couldnt find the fan settings, do you think resetting the BIOS will help and will it wipe everything of my computer?

Thanks for your help, just off to buy some compressed air.

bluebeen

bluebeen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Problem solved with can of compressed air. You were right about the fan, when i sprayed the air in out came the most enormous cloud of dust, i nearly choked. Temperatures no higher than 40.

Some good things have come out of this problem, 1st is the HW monitor. why dont they install this as standard i will now monitor temperature on regular basis good indicator when things need cleaning out. 2nd is this forum, good help and advice, i've now book marked the site!

Thanks for all the help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well I am pleased for you and Samsung in some respects came up good.

I did think that there must be a setting in the BIOS for the fans, but perhaps you are right and there is not.

Either way, we were on the right lines and they Samsung will not install HW Monitor as part of their software, as of course they only install trial software, where there is an agreement between Samsung and the supplier of the software.

Enjoyed working with you and good luck with it.

If you wish

Please be kind to all members - click the Blue + (LIKE) on quality posts that are helpful!!.

entirely of course your decision.

Regards
macboatmaster

Edited by Macboatmaster, 23 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Advertisements