Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

surround sound problem

• Please log in to reply

peadhar

peadhar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a problem with my new speakers (Logitech x-530) 5.1 surround sound.
I have configured Windows XP audio settings to accept 5.1, so that rules out that problem. My PC is brand new AMD ks-rock m/board with built-in 5.1 audio.
The problem seems to be a connection issue, after wiring up the satellite speakers to the subwoofer correctly and connecting to my PC I can only receive sound through the front 2 speakers and subwoofer. Or if I switch the connectors around I can receive the central and s/woofer, or the rear 2 speakers and s/woofer. But I cannot receive sound through all five speakers at once.
The coloured jacks going to the PC are; orange, green, and black.
However, the recievers at the rear of PC are coloured orange, green, and blue.
I have also tried to re-install the audio drivers and checked that they are operating okay in device manager.
Also, after ringing Logitech I was told to try the speakers on another device (like a dvd player) to make sure they are working alright. When I went to do this I realised that the dvd player receives different jacks. So I simply returned them to the shop and got a replacement set of speakers - that has'nt cured my problem, so I can only assume it is a connection issue and very probably something very simple that I'm overlooking. Can anyone help me?? Please.........

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
:tazz:

gibbocool

gibbocool

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
lol funny pic destructo roboto. peadhar have u got an audio utility installed that enables your onboard sound to be made into 5.1, because you usually have to enable it.

peadhar

peadhar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes Gibbocool, I enabled the onboard audio through the system cd I received with my new PC. Still stumped!!

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
did you get a book on the motherboard with the new PC? if so, that should tell you what the outs are. typically, green for front L/R, black for rear L/R, orange for center/sub.
if you dont have a book, you can get info in your mobo using Everest home. it will list your mobo, and probably have a link. go to manufacturers website, find the manual, download it.

also in sound properties (through control panel), make sure the speaker settings are set for 5.1 surround.

same thing for jack coloring on the speaker set. should have a book with description. the logitech site wasnt much help unfortunately.