Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing CD/DVD drive

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,792 posts
Did you try a Repair Install http://www.vistax64....tall-vista.html

Sorry but got to ask did you download the ISO with the correct SP (which should have been SP2 if the computer was kept up to date OS wise).

Advertisements

emptypockets1

emptypockets1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yes sir, I tried to do Repair Install, but it indicated that Upgrade was disabled and grayed out.

I did use the only Vista x86 listed, but it was SP1, and this laptop has SP2, plus the boot.wim and install.wim files.

emptypockets1

emptypockets1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
phillpower, do you know of ANYWHERE on the web where I can find a GOOD, untarnished .iso of Vista Home Premium 32 bit file? I've not had good luck with torrent downloads in the past, unless you know of one that's definitely good.

I thought if I could find one and make a bootable drive with it, I'll just reinstall Vista from scratch since I already have all the drivers for this laptop on hand.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,792 posts
Sorry never used or recommended the use of torrents to anyone and would not do so due to the harm that some may cause, many involve the use of illegal software so please be careful what you download, the COA (code of authenticity) that you have will determine the version of Vista that installs http://www.heidoc.ne...iJ2aXN0YSI7fQ==