Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless driver stops, strange Event Viewer entries

• Please log in to reply

Festmester

Festmester

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone! I hope this post is placed appropriately, and if not, I apologise :)

My laptop (based on a Clevo P170EM) running Windows 7 has been acting strange for a few weeks now. First it was just the fingerprint scanner/sensor acting up on the user login screen. It kept saying over and over that the fingerprint was either insufficiently scanned, or not in the database - and my hand wasn't even near the thing! That was the first mystery, only solved by the workaround; disabling the sensor in the device manager.

Now in the last few days, Windows is stopping my wireless internet connection on startup, but only on the first bootup. Only by restarting can I get the wireless working again, and then I don't see the problem until I fully turn off the power. Second mystery.

At this point, I was thinking hardware problems, but after looking in my Event Viewer, I don't know what to believe. I see entry after entry suggesting that there is a problem starting some services, and some started services gets stopped. I don't feel any of these problems, except my wireless was not working, but I found them to be worth a mention here. I see all of these multiple times!

Source: WMI
Event ID: 10

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND
TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003.
Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Source: Wininit
Event ID:11

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of
libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Source: MEIx64
Event ID: 4

The Intel® Management Engine Interface is being disabled.

Kernel-EventTracing
Event ID: 3

Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

WLAN-AutoConfig
Event ID: 4001

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

User Profile Service
Event ID: 1530

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The
applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

DETAIL -
1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2828352645-1685781512-2739856325-1000:
Process 924 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2828352645-
1685781512-2739856325-1000

Microsoft Antimalware
Event ID: 2001

Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures.
New Signature Version:
Previous Signature Version: 1.145.302.0
Update Source: Microsoft Update Server
Update Stage: Search
Source Path: http://www.microsoft.com
Signature Type: AntiVirus
Update Type: Full
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Current Engine Version:
Previous Engine Version: 1.1.9203.0
Error code: 0x8024402c
Error description: An unexpected problem occurred while checking for updates. For information on installing or

troubleshooting updates, see Help and Support.

Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7001

The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the
following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Service Control Manager
Event ID 7026

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
DfsC
discache
MpFilter
NetBIOS
NetBT
nsiproxy
Psched
rdbss
spldr
tdx
vwififlt
Wanarpv6
WfpLwf

Bowser (not Browser)
Event ID: 8003

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer HG that believes that it is the master browser for
the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{34FDEDCD-6136-4095-9E8A-06EE8CBF8FE3}. The master browser is stopping or an election is
being forced.

Kernel-PnP
Event ID: 219

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_147E&PID_1002\6&3444ad1b&0&5.

Kernel-Processor-Power
Event ID: 37

The speed of processor X in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance
state for X seconds since the last report.

+ A lot of DistributedCOM errors related to all kinds of service errors.

Few notes:
The one about the "master browser" worries me a bit, since the computer mentioned is NOT a computer name I'm familiar with at all.
The registry leaking happens with a range of different processes.
Most worrying one to me: The message telling me 14 services failed to start on boot.

Any help at all regarding what to do is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Festmester, 23 February 2013 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Run, DO NOT walk to our malware area. Go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum, read the first post and follow instructions.

Come back here once you get a clean bill of health if you still have problems.