Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 570 will not boot up properly

• Please log in to reply

preacherswife

preacherswife

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Sunday, February 10th, my husband and I left for vacation and before leaving, I powered off our desktop. To the best of my knowledge, I shut it down properly. When we came home 7 days later, the power had been off and when I turned the desktop back on, it would not boot up properly.

I have repeatedly turned the power on, and then hit F8 and gone into the process of system restore. I have been able to restore things back but after rebooting, I go through the same issue again and again.

The screen saver will remain on for several hours then I notice I have nothing but a blank screen with no ability to do anything outside of system restore once again.

Someone in the geeks to go chat, referred this forum to me. Looking forward to hearing from someone very soon concerning this.

Advertisements