Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lines across screen? Horizontal and vertical

• Please log in to reply

tangermelon420

tangermelon420

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I JUST bought an MSI cx70. To be precise this system is about 3 days old. As I was watching a tv show suddenly half the screen ( I was in full screen at the time ) started to shake and spasm, then I noticed the lines. The horizontal one is three quarters up while the vertical sits directly Center. When I did press esc to get out of full screen the lines disappeared then suddenly appeared again. I don't think I should be having these issues with a BRAND new laptop. Not to mention one so expensive !!!!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Tangermelon and welcome to Geeks To Go.

You're right, you shouldn't be having these issues so package it back up and return it to either MSI or the dealer you obtained it from.

Without knowing where you are from I would be unsure of the length of guarantee but you must have some kind of guarantee at least.

I'm from the UK and we get a 1 year guarantee as standard on all new items such as this.