Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Sharing Software Needed

• Please log in to reply

nxtech

nxtech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I'm looking to set up a classroom environment where there a single PC is connected to a projector. I want any user with a laptop to be able to connect to this PC via WiFi and stream its desktop to the PC, which will then be displayed through the projector.

For instance, suppose there is one PC (named A) connected to a projector and a laptop named B. I want the laptop B to share its desktop with A, which will then be shown via the projector.

But most desktop sharing software, like TeamViewer requires the desktop PC (A) to send a request to the laptop (B) which the laptop has to accept, upon which its desktop can be seen on A. But, I want the laptop (B) to initiate the request and the PC (A) to approve it. That is, if B wants to show its desktop on A, then a request should be sent by B, which is then approved by A, upon which B's desktop will be available on A.

Is there any software out there which does this function?

Edited by nxtech, 01 March 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Advertisements

plac

plac

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Citrix GoToMeeting or similar (Citrix) might get you there.
http://www.citrix.com/products.html

mikeroger

mikeroger

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try using gomeetnow www.gomeetnow.com desktop sharing tool. It provides feature wherein, everyone in a meeting can present his desktop. The meeting host can assign any attendee as the current "presenter" of his computer screen to all the meeting's participants.

GKW

GKW

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi nxtech,

You can also try teamviewer in meeting mode! it has a lot of features which are very useful.

http://www.teamviewer.com/hi/products/online-meeting.aspx