Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Keeps Shutting Down Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

MirandaDawn81

MirandaDawn81

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have three Compaq Presario CQ57 Laptops. I have had them all operating since Christmas Day of 2010. One of the laptops just started having issues. It keeps shutting down on its own and then a blue screen pops up with a bunch of different information. It clears off to quickly for me to gather the information to post, however I know it says something about dumping the memory and something about BIOS or something of that nature. I read in another forum that others were having this issue and that it had to do with an update of Windows 7. They explained what to do to get rid of it however when I went in the number that they said to look for is not in the file. When I looked further into that forum it was for a Sony laptop! LOL Go figure. Also another issue I am having is I can not download any programs at all to the laptop it keeps saying that WinZip?? is not a valid file. Please help!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The first thing to try is a System Restore to a date before this started happening.

See here: System Restore: frequently asked questions