Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Login form - php, MySQL, ajax

• Please log in to reply

SquadPhoenix

SquadPhoenix

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am building a site at: http://absolutesyner...nline/Workflow/

So far - I've gotten the database built. I've got the form working to create a new user in the database and check to see if the user already exists in the database and not add them if that user exists already. I've got the login form working to check that they username and password exist together in the database and give me their user permission level from the database.

What I can't seem to figure out how to do the right way is ajax the login and create user forms so that they don't redirect to a new page when the user clicks submit.

I also can't seem to figure out how to get it to store in a session that the user is logged in.

I've watched/read several tutorials and I just can't seem to put the pieces together. Can anyone help point me in the right direction...?

Advertisements