Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

get rid of ask.com in mozilla fire fox

• Please log in to reply

nor5south

nor5south

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I know this has been asked before. I use Firefox. In the navigation bar, on the right side, is a search engine space (not the big main search engine space). How do I get rid of all the search engines that show up in this search engine space that I don't want? You know, the browser software? tries to jam these choices down your throat. Thanks.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Nor5south and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Just to the right of whatever search engine is listed now you'll see a little drop down arrow.

Click that to see all the search engines and notice at the bottom of the list the wording "Manage Search Engines".

Click that and this box will open that you see, simply highlight a given engine and click remove.

SE.shf.png