Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black screen and blinking cursor on a Toshiba Satellite

• Please log in to reply

Quddusrashid

Quddusrashid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone.

My Toshiba laptop (64-bit) windows 7 won't boot properly. This is what happens: I power the laptop on and the Windows splash screen appears, then it shifts to the ominous BSOD but it disappeared too fast for me to read. Then it just stays on a black screen with a blinking underscore. :( This prevents me from doing anything with the laptop.

I've tried a few solutions like pressing F8 and restoring it to it's last good configuration but it always is "unsuccessful''
Also, I've noticed in pretty much every forum that Toshiba Satellite Laptops suffer from these symptoms the most :angry:

Any help regarding this issue is appreciated. I will try to respond as fast as possible.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Quddusrashid

See if you can disable the Auto Restart so that you can see any on screen error messages.

Power up the computer and just before the Windows 7 splash screen appears/before your PC automatically restarts press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

Once you have the error message/s see if you able to start in Safe Mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Quddusrashid

Quddusrashid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your response Philpower.
I actually got the problem fixed now though, haha. Thank you anyways.

For those who were wondering how I got it fixed, F8 ---> Repair your computer, and try every option there until your computer gets fixed.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Glad you got it sorted Quddusrashid and thanks for thefollow up :thumbsup:

You are welcome BTW <_<