Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Entry level gaming rig help

• Please log in to reply

bricshythouz

bricshythouz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, just looking for some fresh opinions on a new build. I'm new at this, so I am trying to see what different people say about this build that I have selected parts for through GooeyPC. Their specs listing is little weird, and since this forum does not seem to allow HTML, I am copying it directly from their site.

Rig Specs for "Entry Level Gaming Rig".
Est. Price: $758.90
CPU: 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
Power Supply: 600W
Est. idle/peak Power: 261W(idle)/577W(peak)
System RAM: 16/32GB
Video RAM: 2GB
Data Storage: 500GB
Monitor: No Monitor
Speakers: No Speakers
Model Numbers:
RC-430-KWN1,CF12S-UBL,CMX16GX3M2A1333C9,WD5000AVDS,IC215PWM,iHAS124-04,VCGGTX650XPB,BX80637i53570,GA-H77-DS3H,GS600W

The above link requires a login. Just use a bogus email, that's what I did.
Thanks for any help.

Edited by bricshythouz, 16 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: bricshythouz

The above link requires a login. Just use a bogus email, that's what I did.

Sorry but that is not how we go about things here at GTG, asking people to create an account is bad enough but asking that they do so dishonestly could get you into bother with the mods and admin :alarm:

Please use the PCPartpicker site to put a list of parts together, once you have saved the list post the url in your next reply so that we can take a look http://uk.pcpartpick...parts/partlist/

bricshythouz

bricshythouz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's not dishonest. It' a matter of "mechanics of the game". IMO, they built it that way - and accept that people will use bogus emails. Evidenced by the fact that they don't have an email validation method.

Anyway, not important, I see pcpartpicker does not require a login and parts lists are public. Thanks for the info.

Since I like GooeyPC.com better anyway (even though they seem to still be in beta) I'll just put the list together manually from there and post it here. I posted the initial list on their forum too, but I haven't put the updated list there yet.

Thanks again for the info.

bricshythouz

bricshythouz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, so here is the modified list with links to the parts.

Case: $49.99
COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel / Plastic Computer Case
Motherboard: $99.99
GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Power Supply: $99.99
CORSAIR GS600 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Suppl
CPU: $214.99
Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53570
Video Card: $129.99
PNY VCGGTX650XPB GeForce GTX 650 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Video Card
RAM: $84.99
CORSAIR XMS 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX16GX3M2A1333C9
HDD: $69.99
Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CD Drive: $17.99
LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
Case Fan: $7.99
APEVIA CF12S-UBL 120mm Case Fan
CPU Fan:
LOGISYS Computer IC215PWM 100mm Hydro Theta 15 PWM Intel CPU Cooler

Let me know if you need any more info.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the list :thumbsup:

What will be the main use of the computer please.

Couple of pointers for you (not criticisms).

You have one of the best CPUs available which is good but the video card is nowhere near the quality that you need and will compromise your build, benchmark puts it in 81st place http://www.videocard...GTX 650&id=2155

Your aftermarket cooler, a very important thing I must make you aware of is that you do not need the additional heatsink and CPU fan and if you did use it you would void your CPU warranty both AMD and Intel are clear on this, see below;

AMD;
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void if the AMD microprocessor which is the subject of this Limited Warranty is used with any heatsink/fan other than the one provided herewith.
Full AMD article @ http://support.amd.c...ox3YearLimited.

Intel;
damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing;
Full Intel article available @ http://www.intel.com...sb/cs-009862.ht

You have not included an OS such as Windows 7 64-bit, what will you be using.
If you need to purchase a disk it will add almost $100 US to your budget.