Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photoshop & Word playing up...

• Please log in to reply

Dawnhorse

Dawnhorse

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello there

I have been working with an individual over in Malware removal with the name "godawgs" who has been most helpful with a malware infection - in of which I am told we have removed all problems on this front (see link) http://www.geekstogo...vity&mid=376145

Unfortunately, the original problems persist as they first had (which initially led me to this amazing website). I will list the problems below;

### Photoshop (Elements 7) loads ok, but will take a huge amount of time to import a graphic (printing does not work - except after 5 - 10 minutes)

### Microsoft word takes too long to open, & then will not print (except after 5 - 10 minutes after the command has been given)

### Label program only works partial (again, the same as above regarding printing).

I was told that I need to now post in this area in order to perhaps receive a little more help - if someone is kind enough to help me!

Blessings,

Adam

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Adam, sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

This info may be in the malware thread but I didn't see it.

Make and model number of your computer.
What is your Operating System, XP, Vista, Win 7, 32 or 64 bit?

The first thing I want you to do is run System File Checker (sfc) as follows:
Windows XP:
You need a XP CD at the same service pack level as the XP installed on your hard drive or you need the I386 directory tree from a XP CD on you hard drive.
Click on Start then Run, type sfc /scannow and press Enter or click GO.
Let it run to completion.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
Click Start, type command. Right click on Command Prompt at the top and select Run as Administrator.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter
Let it run to completion.

Reboot and see if the problem is fixed.