Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All browsers slow after a few days - maybe a Flash problem?

• Please log in to reply

charliewykes

charliewykes

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hi, my system is Windows 7 Premium 64 bit Celeron 743 CPU @ 1.3 GHz 2GB Ram

All the browsers I've tried - Chrome, Firefox, IE 10 - seem to run slowly/crash after a few days. Deleting history doesn't help. Deleting Chrome or Firefox completely and reinstalling seems to get them working again for a day or so then problems begin. It's a problem even if the only thing I run is the browser and it seems to affect other programs as well.

I've tried disabling add-ons which seems to make things worse! Private mode is just as bad.

I wonder if it's a Flash issue as after installing it things seem to go wrong - and I do want it for certain sites. But maybe that's coincidence?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Advertisements

charliewykes

charliewykes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Update - I removed all traces of Flash as best I could and installed Chrome which has it built in. I don't see Flash in add/remove programs and there's no Flash setting in control panel. So far Chrome is... OK. Not fast but at least pages open... about 2-3 seconds on the BBC website for example.