Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 32 not responding in HP Windows 7 64 bit

• Please log in to reply

ozzette50

ozzette50

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi.

I cleaned up my computer in January. My IE had quit working all together, 32 and 64. With the work I did in the Malware Forum we got IE 64 to work, most of the time. But the IE 32 hasn't worked for months. It just sits and spins. Many times I try to do something and it wants to use IE 32 (opens automatically) and I am stopped in my tracks. It will not use the 64 bit. My geek over in Malware suggested the Windows forum, but saw Web Browsers forum and thought I would try here first. We tried some of the basic tricks, cleaning it up, reinstalling IE, nothing worked. Thanks for your time.

ozzette

Advertisements

ash004

ash004

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Have u try running it onto Computability mode? in windows right, when u Right click, properties and combability basically, in windows 7 64 , u can run 32 bit app without any problem and and let see what up hope it help :thumbsup:

ozzette50

ozzette50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I do not know how to get permission to run it in compatibility mode. It just sits and spins and I cannot access any menu items. It will not allow me to change the permissions from a right-click on the menu or an icon, the options are frozen. I just know it is very inconvenient and I would like that feature back. I would appreciate help, but I know this is a difficult problem. Things were tried in the Malware forum as I mentioned in my original post. Nothing is working. Maybe I should go to the Windows forum as suggested.