Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help to improve my pc

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Not too sure on the screen, 8ms response time and no HDMI port, an alternative for you to consider.

Advertisements

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you for your answer i didn't notice the response time of the dell the LG seems a good option about the gpu what do you think?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Very good choice of GPU and it would be a shame not to be able to use the HDMI port on a screen that was not compatible, the LG is also 24" as opposed to the Dell being 23" :)

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
yes the LG is a little bigger and also i like it more than the dell one

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
another question with the gtx 760 i'll be able to play games for 2-3 years with decent fps? also if i'll take another one gtx 760 and sli later it would be ok? i don't know if the motherboard that i chose is capable of sli and what psu i need so i would like to recommend a motherboard that is cabable of sli and a psu sorry for all these questions and thank you for your replies

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

another question with the gtx 760 i'll be able to play games for 2-3 years with decent fps?

Difficult one to answer as we don`t know what the system requirements will be for future game releases, they will however I suspect be quite demanding but not enough to require 2 x GTX 760 video cards though - having the Sli option is a wise decision ;)

MB
PSU

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup:

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
yeah i thought it would be a wise decision to have sli option in case later i would like to get another 760 to put them on sli thank you for your suggestion for the motherboard and psu... also will a second 760 can be put on the corsair 200r case or i should get another case as well?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Your case will accommodate up to 7 PCI-E add on cards, please refer to theNewegg feedback tab for users who have used the case with an Sli set up, one review has two GTX 570 cards in Sli and those cards are larger than the GTX 760.

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you i wasn't sure for that and i wanted to know for sure... this motherboard would be good or i should stay with the asus? http://www.ebuyer.co...ard-ga-z87x-d3h

Edited by Jimklol, 22 September 2013 - 05:59 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
The Gigabyte MB is ok but I would stick with the ASUS as it has built in Wi-Fi capability;

- Remote GO! Function: Cloud GO!, DLNA Media Hub,Remote Desktop, File Transfer
- Wi-Fi GO! & NFC Remote for portable Smartphone/Tablet, supporting iOS & Android systems

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
another question i should go with seagate or wd for the hdd?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Both are very good brands but the WD Caviar Black would be my suggestion if your budget will allow it, the Seagate Barracuda only has a one year warranty whereas the WD Blue has a 2 year warranty, so WD edges out Seagate on that point.

Other options below:
Seagate
Western Digital Blue

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thank you for your reply i have another question if i get the second gtx 760 later and sli will the 4570 cause a bottleneck?

Jimklol

Jimklol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
i want to ask you something about the psu you suggested thx cx750 i should go for that or pay a little more and go for the tx750 or for the xfx xxb9

Edited by Jimklol, 20 October 2013 - 11:38 AM.