Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No wifi Dell Inspiron 1750, Windows 7 x64

• Please log in to reply

djbeede

djbeede

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dell Inspiron 1750, Windows 7 x64 - no wifi access through my Windstream 2wire router.

Other devices both Mac and PC are still connecting through my router so I'm pretty sure it's in the DELL. Out of warranty of course.

I can see networks in the "connect to a network" box but when I try to connect to them, it brings up a box that says unable to connect to network. Most of the time the wireless status icon shows 5 unlit bars with an orange dot over them.

The only suggestion from trouble shooter is reset the router by turning it off and on. No go there.

I can connect with ethernet cable with no problem.

I've tried the "flush.bat" and other suggestions in other forums with no success.
I've reset router to factory defaults.

My network adapter - Intel® Wifi Link 5100 AGN - I've updated the driver
it says it's working.

Appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks.

Attaching ipconfig/all results

Attached Thumbnails

• IPCONFIG 3A.jpg
  • IPCONFIG 3B.jpg
  • IPCONFIG 3C.jpg

Edited by djbeede, 31 March 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Advertisements