Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using the bios

• Please log in to reply

craisin

craisin

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
<_< Ive had no validation email yet and in the confusion Ive ended up with 2 identities :D me get back to one. Well one of my mix and match computers could only see 32mb of ram and now it only sees 40mb of ram. The mobo is an Asus SP97V and I had one before that had 128mb of ram. thanks

Advertisements

craisin

craisin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well Ive put in 96mb of ram and the bios sees 49mb. And Im starting to think that Western Digital and Quantum Hardrives cant live together in the same machine. And certain HDDs prefer certain modems. <_<

phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Pip
  • 4 posts
<_< Try placing the largest Ram size in the first slot then see if they show up right. My computer has that problem when I place a smaller chip in the first slot.

craisin

craisin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well Ive assumed the slot closest to the edge of the board is the first slot. But a mate gave me a intel mobo to test drive and its numbered the outer slot is three of three so you may be right. Im giving that computer to my brother so Ill try that later when a better set of eyes are at home <_< The intel is a P2 and if it dont go theres another one to test as a mate works in a computer repair shop. :D I do have a new Dell that Im paying off and the cover hasnt been off. I mostly use a Cyrix 333 with Windows 98 as most virus are out to get XP. thanks

craisin

craisin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks phatcat I tryed that to no avail I will just have to wait till a better motherboard turns up with more suitable bios