Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio VGN-NS140E Operating System Not Found HELP

• Please log in to reply

ac03593

ac03593

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a sony vaio vgn-ns140e. its been not working for a long time, but its an ok computer and i would like to try and fix it. the main problem i am having is that when i try to do a Complete System Restore, it will stop a 6% every time. i have tried to reset the BIOS then try the Complete System Restore again, but it once again stops doing anything at 6%. I NEED HELP

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Ac03593 and welcome to Geeks To Go

It sounds to me like your hard drive is dying mate.

Are you trying to do a restore via the onboard software or some back to factory recovery disks?

Also what is your operating system?

ac03593

ac03593

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yea i had a feeling it might be that. i have 2 recovery disks that i've been trying to use. my operating system is windows vista.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Were these disks made on the Sony machine when it was in better health rather than some other type of disks.

Just to be certain these are back to factory recovery disks and not system back up disks?

ac03593

ac03593

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes they were made on this system. and yes these are back to factory recovery disks. i have not tried to use any other recovery disks yet.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Well that's good as once you get a new hard drive you should be able to use them to reinstall Vista.