Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN'T VIEW OR LISTEN TO CONTENT ON IPLAYER

• Please log in to reply

HeathenScot

HeathenScot

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi all,

I use XP and recently have had a new hard drive installed and also XP. I use Panda security (a trial freebie) an since I clicked yes to an alert from Panda I can't view or listen to IPlayer or any other visual material on the BBC website with the exception of live streaming e.g. News channel. It says I need Javascript and Flash player. However I have these already installed. My limited knowledge of computers has reached its limit. So can some kind soul point me in the right direction to either diagnose the problem or offer a solution ? Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Welcome back HeathenScot

Can I ask what AV program you used before you installed Panda and was the previous AV uninstalled using the correct procedure, this is commonly an uninstall tool specific to the AV software that is to be uninstalled.

HeathenScot

HeathenScot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi thanks for ur response. AV program ? Like ? Sorry to be so thick !

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Not a problem, AV = Anti Virus program/software such as the Panda that you installed recently.

HeathenScot

HeathenScot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi,

To give you a bit of case history, the PC is A Dell Optiflex 745 (refurbished) with 3 gb of onboard. My previous hard drive popped its clogs so I put it into my local computer shop to get a new one installed together with a reload of XP and some more onboard RAM. While this was being done I noticed a magazine freebie for Panda Pro Security which I installed when I got my machine back. I just checked with Belarc Advisor and Panda and all its bits are the only mention of an AV program. It also shows I have Adobe Shockwave Flash and Sun Microsystems Java Platform SE Auto Updater. Would it be helpful if I send a copy of "Advisor" ?

Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Sorry for the delay, due to a heavy workload at the moment.

Thanks for the additional details but please do not post the belarc advisor details here as it does contain some private details such as product keys for Windows etc.

I will be back online later and will be able to commit more time but for now I would suggest that you uninstall Panda using the correct procedure as advised by the software and then install either Avast or MSE (Microsoft security Essentials) both are very good, light on system resources and free.

Let us know if the above resolves the issue please.

HeathenScot

HeathenScot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks so much, I really do appreciate your help and the time you have devoted to it

HeathenScot

HeathenScot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

just to let you know that uninstalling Panda went very smoothly and that together with the installation of Avast totally solved my problem. Many thanks again for your help and time

Have a good day, you have made this a good one for me !

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
That is great news and thanks for the follow up HeathenScot :thumbsup:

You are most welcome BTW <_<