Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

forgot administrator password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

eryncat2000

eryncat2000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I put parental controls on my daughters laptop and I guess at the time I had to set up as administrator. Now her free virus program has ended and cant put avast or any other on without going through administrator. And that would be me who cant remember password. It does not allow me to put in hints etc. So I am stuck. There are two users my daughter and administrator. Going through my daughters does nothing. Any help how to change or find password. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
While such requests are often legitimate, and come from users who experience exactly the kind of problem that you post, we have no way of determining legitimate vs. not legitimate ownership, therefore we do not respond to such requests.

Please refer to section 3, line O in the Terms of Use listed here.

http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

The thread is closed.