Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mystart by Incredibar [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
We need to try using a different browser (Firefox) to see if the problem is isolated to Internet Explorer. You don't have to continue using this browser if you don't like it, but I would just like you to try it to see if the problems occur in it as well.

Please download Firefox from here and follow the steps to install it. Test out Jigzone and Hotmail and let me know. If they work in Firefox, then we can see about repairing IE.

Advertisements

RBB_Helpme

RBB_Helpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I DID AS REQUESTED AND JIGZONE RAN FINE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH PRINTING HOTMAIL

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Okay, let's try this...

Follow these instructions here to reset the cache in Internet Explorer. I would recommend not checking the box next to InPrivate Filtering Data.

See if that resolves the issues.

If that doesn't work, go to the pages where you are having trouble and press ctrl + F5 to force a hard refresh and see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes.

RBB_Helpme

RBB_Helpme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Tried what you suggested bbut it still didn't work in either problem area. thank you

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Sorry for the long wait. I am on vacation.
Let's try a reinstall of IE. Open of the Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs. Find Internet Explorer 8 in the list and uninstall it. You should now end up with IE 7 installed.

Now, download IE 8 again from here and install it. Let me know if that fixes the problems.

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.