Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN MESSENGER VIRUS "ur profile is under chatpr?"

• Please log in to reply

imar

imar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
PLEASE PLEASE i have seen this topic listed a few times with no resolution. MSN messenger will periodically send the message listed in the title to whomever is online in my contact list. It pops up and then theres a link under it if ppl click on it they get stuck in my situation. it has also now seemed to have mutated today and is still giving the popup to my online contacts and the same link though now it says "hey, come chat with all of us, k?" Please any help would be greatly apprecaited, i have 30+ ppl who have clicked on the lnk and are in the same position i am. I have searched tirelessly on the net for a fix, ran every spyware, a-virus tool i could get my grubby little hands ob but it persists. Any help would be extrememly appreciated.

Advertisements

Destructo Roboto

Destructo Roboto

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
As bad as it sounds, and in case youve already tried uninstalling, have you? including deleting the entire messenger folder... their is another possibilitie if i get the basic idea of the virus, copy then paste all your contacts onto a notepad file, and save it, perhaps you can find a way to have them work as href links or whatever its called, then leave that file or shortcut it to desktop and whenever you wana chat(becaus afterwards you delete all contacts on your messenger) perhaps you might find a way to have it short cut through messenger and cut through to your friendslike weblinks do. That way you just sorta bi-pass the virus... hopefully.
:tazz:
Have a Good Day

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go here

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Run the programmes as advised in the list then post the Hijack This log to the malware section