Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

Susan9700

Susan9700

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
HP laptop won't turn on. Unfortunately I let my 4 ye old granddaughter use my laptop unattended. Now my laptop won't turn on. It's been a year since this happened. I haven't had access to web until I got this phone. I do have the hard drive back up to an external hard. Need help. Thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello Susan9700

We could do with some further information if you will please;

Do you have any idea of what your granddaughter may have done.
What if anything have you tried.
Is there any signs of life whatsoever from the notebook, this includes any LEDs illuminating.
Does the notebooks AC adapter have an LED on it and if so does it illuminate when you turn on the mains power.

Susan9700

Susan9700

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Thank you for responding. I'm sorry for my delay in answering you. I live in Boston and have been a bit sidetracked with bombs at our Marathon. And as I type there's been a police officer shot and killed and gunshots and bombs! It's been crazy here.
Unfortunately I left the room when my granddaughter was using my laptop. There are no LED lights on the laptop. Normally the power button would turn on. Also no LED light on the adapter ever. Must be energy efficient! I have tried to reinstall the windows program to no avail.
Truly appreciate your help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No worries we fully understand, reply when you are able to :thumbsup:

I asked what if anything you had tried so as to avoid suggesting steps that you had already taken so can you tell us if you have tried anything else apart from reinstalling Windows.

Couple of additional questions if I may;

Which particular model name or number is the notebook (HP make an awful lot).
How have you tried to reinstall Windows if the notebook will not turn on.
What type of disk did you use when you attempted to reinstall Windows as in the full retail type, OEM type provided with the notebook, a system restore disk that you have made for the notebook or a burned copy.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup: