Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zyxel NAS325 - not getting anywhere fast :-(

• Please log in to reply

Northernman

Northernman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, decided to buy a NAS and the Zyxel 325 seemed to fit the bill re: spec and price so I took the plunge and bought a 2TB WD Green drive to go with it. 4 days on I have finally managed to get my files transferred (very very slowly)and I am now able to stream to my TV but that's about all.

Problem 1 - I can't seem to access the administration page using the NAS starter utility to change settings. I did access it at one point but after numerous resets and reboots I can't get back to it.

Problem 2 - alongside it's use as a basic media server, I also wanted to access my files remotely i.e. from work if my portable drive ever failed but I'm at a complete loss as to how to do this. I have looked at Polkast and Dropbox as options but thought there must be a secure way to access my drive directly using it's IP address and a login.

The instructions supplied are sparse to say the least and the downloadable user guide is 400+ pages and although I've tried to work out what is going wrong I'm still baffled - help me please before I go mad :-)

Many thanks in advance
Mike

Advertisements