Things I've tried:
- Starting the laptop with each disc in, then trying to boot from the CD drive
- I've tried booting it from an Internal HDD, and also an Onboard NIC (not sure what this is but it was one of the options of booting the device so i tried it)
- I ran the diagnostics and got an Error Code 0146. The message that came with the error is: error code 2000-0146; hard drive 1 - self test log contains previous error(s).
- I've hit ctrl+f11 before the dell sign pops up at startup and also tried after it was already up and loading
- I've tried hitting f12 = boot menu (Where i found the different ways to boot the device)
- f2 = setup and looked at/checked a number of things. tried Boot sequence from there, tried load defaults (which is load the factory default values for all setup fields, overwriting any changes you may have made)
- Also checked the battery at the setup screen: says under Battery Info: 0% charged, but then says under Battery Health: the battery is performing normally (which doesn't make since because it automatically shuts off when i unplug the laptop)
- held down the fn key at startup
- tried hitting f8 before it could get to the dell screen and after, but nothing
- took the charger out, then the battery, held the power button down for about a minute, nothing
- tried holding the power button down (in the above state) for about 15-20 sec, nothing
- took just the battery out and started it with just the charger plugged in, nothing
- left it off for a while (about a day) with the battery in but no charger, then started it, same thing happened (started up, got to the dell loading screen, as soon as it was done loading it shut off, and then repeated the steps by itself over and over and over until manually shutting it off [same thing as described above])
Please help if you could, any suggestions at all I'm willing to try. Thank you for your time.