Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Are these thing compatible with each-other

• Please log in to reply

Josh578

Josh578

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
I just wanted to make sure all these computer parts are compatible with each-other

1. COOLER MASTER Elite 431 Plus RC-431P-KWN2 Black Steel Body (0.5mm SECC), ABS plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

2. GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

3. Mushkin Enhanced 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996573

4. AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Josh578

Please do not duplicate your topics as it may lead to you being offered the same guidance at differing times and lead to confusion as to which and who`s guidance you are following.

Please continue at this thread where we will do our best to help you, your duplicate topic will be closed so as to avoid you receiving possible multiple replies, thank you for understanding.

The Ram is the one item that I cannot say is compatible.

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.

The MBs QVL http://download.giga...a-78lmt-s2p.pdf
Tested with and approved for your MB http://www.memoryten...PC3-10600E-4GB/

Can I ask whether you are using a 32 or 64-bit operating system.
If using a 64-bit OS you would benefit from having 8GB of Ram and 2 X 4GB sticks would be the least expensive option.

Josh578

Josh578

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Probably going to use a 32bit OS.
Thanks for your help

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Probably going to use a 32bit OS.
Thanks for your help

I suggest that you purchase a single 4GB stick of Ram then, not only will it be less expensive than purchasing 2 X 2GB sticks it will also be easier and less expensive again to add a second 4GB stick in the future should you decide to upgrade to a 64-bit OS which you need 8GB of Ram for to get the best performance.

You are welcome BTW :thumbsup: