Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wired internet keeps on cutting out, HELP!

• Please log in to reply

th3own3er

th3own3er

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I use the internet on my computer, Windows 7 ultimate, the internet keeps on cutting out. SO when I watch videos or want to stream something on twitch it runs smoothly for a 1 or 2 on twitch, on youtube it loads for about 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds before stopping, then I have to stop download and then restart it and do it every time.
I was monitoring it while watching a video using task manager and it just keeps stopping and starting after about a minute.
I have a wired internet connection which is fast enough to watch videos without a single problem. I have been looking for solutions for 2 weeks and so far nothing.
I have noticed that the problem is worse when my sisters laptop is on, but the problem is still there when it's off.
If any other information is needed i can post just tell me what to do, I'm not really a internet wizard.
Can someone help me!! It's getting really annoying!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
This sounds like a buffering issue.

Can you tell me what speed you have with your ISP and to find out your actual speed go here and run a test.

http://www.speedtest.net/

th3own3er

th3own3er

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My ISP says that I am getting 11.3MB downstream rate and 1.1MB upload.
I went to that site and it said that I was getting 8.4mb download and 0.98MB upload.