2. Which object would you use to retrieve customers who live in Germany and the United States?
3. To design a report you should do all of the following EXCEPT
draw a paper design of the report.
identify all sources of data, fields and groups.
input the data.
select a reporting tool.
4. Filters are used to do all of the following EXCEPT
a filter can be removed by selecting Remove Filter from the Sort & Filter group.
all records in a table will be displayed if all of the filters are removed.
filter effects are cumulative.
it does not matter whether you apply a filter or a sort first.
5. A Report section that is used to summarize grouped field data is
6. A field that uniquely identifies each record in a table is a
7. Which of the following should be considered when designing a database?
How calculated fields are used
Store data in its smallest parts
The relationship between attribute keys
The relationships between records
8. All of the following apply to the relationships image found below EXCEPT
a one-to-many relationship is found between the Suppliers table and the Products table.
a relationship exists between the two primary keys of the Suppliers table and the Products table.
one table is not joined to the two other tables.
the primary key for the Categories table is CategoryID.
9. All of the following summarize characteristics of a PivotTable EXCEPT
can display information that is typically found in Datasheet totals.
can only be created from a table.
data is organized and summarized in an easy-to-read view.
is created by dragging fields from a field list into appropriate drop zones.
10. Which of the following does NOT describe a caption property?
A label can substitute for a field name in Datasheet View.
The caption appears in Datasheet View, Form, and Report.
The label allows spaces between words.
The label can be used in place of a field name in an expression.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe the following one-to-one relationship?
The tables must have exactly the same fields.
The Employees and NewEmployees tables use the same primary key.
More tables can be joined to either table.
It may be used for security reasons to protect data availability.
12. Which form type displays records in a tabular format similar to a Datasheet view but has more editing options such as adding graphics?
Multiple Items Form
13. Clicking on the form tool will open a(n)
new form in design view.
new form in layout view.
wizard to design a form.
14. Which of the following describes a poor design consideration for a form?
Arrange controls closely together or in a sequence that is easy to read by the user.
Each form should have a different theme.
Make labels descriptive and clear.
Right-align labels followed by a colon and left-align bound controls.
15. Which of the following expressions is NOT correct?
Cost: [Price] * [Qty]
DiscountAmt = [Price] * [Qty] * [Discount]
PrPerSqFt: [SalePr] / [SqFt]
Sales: [GP] * [Qty]
16. Which term best describes demographics?
It is a bar code on a card that contains information about you.
It defines population into segmented groups such as age, income, gender, and race.
It is the quantity of merchandise a store will purchase.
It is tracking customer purchases.
17. Which of the following statements best describes data mining?
It is the determining of future volume of sales.
It is the predicting of future customer buying behavior.
It is identifying patterns or relationships through a process of analyzing large quantities of data.
It is tracking customer purchasing behavior.
18. The Switchboard Manager is an Access utility that is used
by all database users.
to create and manage the menu items for a switchboard.
to make certain objects unavailable to some users and available to others.
to manage and optimize the database.
19. An encrypted file is
created by scrambling the content.
protected by a password.
saved with a specific file extension.
unreadable if it is opened through a tampering tool or another program.
20. All of the following are true when a user creates their own self-signed digital signature EXCEPT
a time stamp is not required to go through a commercial service or local server for processing.
a time stamp will prove when the file was last used.
it is created through another software application.
it will prove that the creator owns the database.
21. To examine the efficiency and performance of an Access database, you should
migrate the database out of Access and into a larger DBMS.
move the database to its own dedicated server.
redesign your database applying 3NF principles.
use the Performance Analyzer and Table Analyzer to optimize the performance of the database.
22. Which of the following is NOT true of a ship date field?
A ship date is considered a constant.
A ship date would be defined as a date/time field.
A ship date would be defined as a calculated field.
Date arithmetic can be applied to a ship date field.