Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hijack.shell.gen and trojan.fakeMS [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

stubbdog

stubbdog

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thank you very much for the time you have spent on this case. I have not heard anything else negative in relation to this machine.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Stubbdog. You are very welcome.

As you stated in an earlier post, it might be time to set more restrictions on this user. I firmly believe that a work computer should not be used for any personal use at all. Especially downloading music, etc. and checking email.

I should have mentioned this sooner, the Security Check program that I had asked you to download and install in this would not have updated the sensitive software that is installed on the computer. The program just audits the system looking for outdated programs. I was more concerned about Adobe and Java since they have been vulnerable programs for years that is targeted by malware. Please keep those up to date as best as possible.

If you ever have the need for our guidance, we would be more than happy to help.

Happy and safe computing!

Donna :)

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.