Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your computer and will try my best to help you. I know that being infected is very frustrating, but I will be here to help you through the whole process of cleaning. Removing malware can be difficult and complicated and will most likely take many steps, so please stick with me until I have declared your computer clean. I always recommend printing my instructions before following them in case you cannot keep this webpage open. Please be sure to alway follow all steps exactly as they are written and let me know what happens each time. Stop and ask if something unexpected happens or if you are unsure of how to proceed.Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.
See if you can get this program to run on your computer. Since you can't open IE on the computer with the problem, you need to use a USB drive or CD to transfer the file over. If you use a USB, I would recommend installing McShield on the clean computer to prevent it from being infected.
- Download McShield to your desktop and install.
- It will initially run a scan and show the results in a banner that will pop up near your clock (bottom right of screen).
- When the initial scan is finished, open up the program, select the Scanner tab and tick unhide items on flash drives.
- You're clean computer should be protected now.
Here is the program to try and run. I'll give you two downloads. If one doesn't work, try the other. If neither work, let me know and we'll try something else.
and transfer it to the desktop of the infected computer.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Please check the box next to Scan All Users.
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic