Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Please!

• Please log in to reply

verao

verao

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I created beautiful seating cards for my wedding (this saturday) using an old program called Microsoft Home Publishing 2000. The only option I had to save the project was in PHP file.

I have to take this project somewhere to get it printed, but I can't open this php file anywhere. Do I convert it to something else? I can't print from home because my printer stinks! Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. I'm almost out of time.

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Try to open it through Internet Explorer. I know it sounds stupid but open Internet Explorer, click File -> Open and then browse to your file.

Try it at home and if it opens and looks OK, you're good to go.

verao

verao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried exactly what you said, it simply used the Microsoft home publishing 2000 program, in which the project was created in to open it.

The problem is that I have to save this project on a disk and take it elsewhere to open and print. If that computer does not have Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 installed, it won't open the file.

Can I convert this PHP file to something else more compatable with other computers and programs?

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
I didn't realize that Microsoft Home Publishing also uses the *.php file extension. Sorry.

I can't find anything that says anything positive about your ability to convert these files to any other program. Sorry. Maybe you can "Select All" and "Copy" from within Home Publishing and "Paste" into Word or Paint or something, but to be honest I'm grasping at straws now.

Try that, what can it hurt?

verao

verao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for all your help. I will try it.