Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - Huge Fonts

• Please log in to reply

Auralis

Auralis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My daughter has bought her laptop to me to try and help with the huge fonts on screen she is getting on her Samsung V25, I guess this is something to do with the Graphics card/driver. I have done all the usual things and checked settings in Display, but cant get rid of the big fonts. The graphics card is an Intel®82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

It's impossible to view some sites as no graphics appear and everything appears large and garbled. Can anyone help please? The OS is XP Home. The huge fonts are random...

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
try right-click desktop > properties > appearance tab > effects > uncheck Large Icon > click OK

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
:tazz: oops sorry it twas large fonts... wrong suggestions, sorry

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
To increase or decrease the size of objects and text on your screen
  • Open Display in Control Panel.
  • On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
  • On the General tab, in the DPI setting list, click the dots per inch (dpi) setting you want to use.
  • If you choose Other in the DPI setting list, you can set custom options in the Custom DPI Setting dialog box either by selecting one of the percentage options in the drop-down list or by clicking on the ruler and dragging the pointer to specify a setting.
  • Restart your computer when prompted.
Notes :
  • To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
  • If you want to increase the size of text on your screen to make it more readable, use Font size on the Appearance tab in Display Properties.
  • The dpi size you specify on the General tab affects all monitors attached to your computer and all users that log on to the computer.