I'll start with my SPECS:
ECS ELITEGROUP G41T-M
FSP GROUP INC
Model No: FSP2500-60THA
AC INPUT: 115/220-240V - 9/6A, 60/50Hz
MAX DC OUTPUT:250W (+3.3V & +5V=115W MAX)
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200, 2.5GHz
RAM: KINGSTON 1 Gig (x2)
(I) SAMSUNG 160 GB, 7200 RPM (main)
(II) Seagate 500 GB, 7200.12 RPM (slave)
nVIDIA GEFORCE 9500
GT 512MB, DDR3, HDCP, PCI-E
I have 3 separate problems (which can relate to each other)
1. Power on & off (and on again)
2. Beeping Code/sound
3. PC restarts when a insert a disc in my DVD drive.
1. This one is a minor problem albeit annoying, is my power supply not strong enough to boot my PC? When i turn on my PC (i.e. press the power button) my PC turns on and off (maybe 3 times if i'm lucky, and up to 6 or 7 times on a bad "boot") untill it boots normally and loads the OS. Sometimes i dont get this problem and my PC boots normally.
2. This one is frustrating and infuriating. The beep occurs immediately after i turn on my PC (again not all the time, but frequently as problem no. 1). What frustrates me is that it can occur after the on and off (problem no. 1) saga or occur on its own, when this occurs i have to physically press the power button and shut my PC down, and turn it on again and again depending on how many times the beep occurs.
This is a 3 beep code/sound, i visited my motherboard manufacturers website and it states that 3 beeps are related to RAM problems but it is not specific. I inserted my RAMs on my friends PC and the was no beep no nothing and they worked perfectly.
3. This one really kills me its the final nail in the coffin because i cant install games if my PC restarts everytime i insert a disc. It does not matter if i insert a CD or a DVD it restarts. I have an extra DVD drive (LG that i dont use) its a ROM not a writter like my current one (SAMSUNG) it also gives me the same problem.
If i live a disc inside after the PC restarts it will either keep on restarting (i.e. restart and not load the OS) or it will disable and not recognise the drive and boot properly and load the OS. The disc drive wont show on My Computer, however if i open and close the drive the PC restarts all over again if though it did not recognise it. At this stage the PC will either freeze while loading/showing the BIOS settings or make that annoying 3 beep sound. In either case i have to press the power button and shut it down.
It will make the 3 beep sound for as long as the disc is in the drive, no matter how many times i turn my PC on and off.
And yep i'm pulling my hair out at this stage.