Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeoVision GV-250 8.1 can't use newly installed camera

• Please log in to reply

bitsaint

bitsaint

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,
i have an old version of GeoVision recording software GV-250 8.1(WinXP), with a 4 port recording card and 2 active cameras.
Currently i managed to install a new camera on the system. The camera is working fine, i managed to remove the cable of one of the existing ones and checked the new one.
Unfortunately the system has a restriction on the software and is not able to operate with more than 2 cameras, even that it has the possibility to add more.
From what i have figured out the software has a license for 2 active cameras only. Can someone tell me if he done something similar before or suggest how i can change the license or remove the restrictions that they don't allow to the software to use and the 3rd camera? In a few words i would like to use all 3 cams on my system simultaneously.
Thank you

Advertisements