Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with subnet for wifi

• Please log in to reply

tikoti

tikoti

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, sorry if it is not

I will share my doubt and I hope someone can guide me.

I have subnet 192.168.10.0 in which the regular computers are, apart form this I want all my wifi clients to be in a different subnet.

I have configured my wireless router with the wan address 192.168.10.120 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.10.254 which is another router which correctly routes...

For the lan of the wifi I have given the 192.168.120.1 ip addres with 255.255.255.0 subnet mask and I have enabled DHCP in order to ease the connection.

My problem is that WAN configuration it does not seem to work, it does not display in the status screen of my belkin router (it appears blank), whereas the lan configuration seems ok and I am able to join the wifi (with no internet access obviously)

I have tried to update the firmware without success,

could anyone with me any advice to configure this correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

My problem is that WAN configuration it does not seem to work, it does not display in the status screen of my belkin router (it appears blank),

not really sure what that means. is the belkin router the other router? what are you expecting to see here?

if you reset the wireless router back to defaults do the connections work correctly?

tikoti

tikoti

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
What I meant is that in the status panel of the router, the Wan configuration is blank (no ip, no netmask...), even though it is correctly configured.

It has started to work now, but I really think the router is not working correctly because I did not do anything special