- Left mouse button stops working or double-click stops working (very slow double click speed selected)
- Icons lock in place and cannot move them -- align/autoarrange is NOT selected.
- Windows freeze for a couple of minutes but then focus returns
- Right mouse button appears to be pressed all the time -- continually displaying right mouse menu and preventing typing in any text box
- Objects and options are automatically selected without clicking on them -- as I move the mouse when the right menu is displayed.
- Options are selected and activated but this is likely due to the auto clicking that occurs as I try to regain control of the mouse.
- Windows is not always indicating all the windows that are open (maybe leading to freezing problem).
- Problem is intermittent. It is unusable for several hours and then when I go back to the computer (not rebooting) the problem has gone away for a while but soon returns. I cannot identify a program or actions that triggers the issue. Not all issues are present all the time..
Answers to Expected Questions:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium. Service Pack 1.
Computer: Dell Inspiron N7110. Purchased Jan 2012
Did you upgrade/change your OS: No this is the OS that came on the computer.
Last Windows Update: 5/17/2013
Did you try another mouse: Problem does not appear to be the mouse. Problem still occurs when I unplug the mouse and just use the touchpad.
Does the problem continue in SAFE MODE: Yes
Did you scan for viruses: Yes with Norton and Maleware Bytes
Did you run Hijack This: Yes, nothing unusual that i can identify. one interesting thing on HJT is that the program cannot access the HOSTs file or make any changes that I request even though I am running it as an Administrator.
What changes had you made prior to the issue occurring: Unfortunatley, a lot...
- McAfee had expired for a couple days so I installed Comcast's Norton Anti-virus and Constant Guard. I then learned that constant guard can cause issues so I uninstalled both and reinstalled just Norton.
- Installed Google Toolbar & Google Chrome
- Installed Monopolpy Tycoon from CD. I ran a MS wizard that made some compatibility changes to the system.
What elese have you done:
- There were so many problems that I restored the system from a month ago. That got rid of monopoly tycoon (no issue). But not all the bits of norton and mcafee.--which is why reinstalled Norton and Constant Guard adn then uninstalled them using Revo Uninstaller
Would appreciate any help because this problem has me stumped and I cannot find anyone who has the exact same problem with all these symptoms.