Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compaq Presario issue

• Please log in to reply

drdenniss

drdenniss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ56 105SL BLACK SCREEN WON'T BOOT ISSUE.

Hi Guys,

I have the exact same problem as this with Compaq Presario CQ56 105SL (AMD V140 CPU). Sometimes I can get it to boot by pressing either esc key or f2 key while turning it on.
I have already re-flashed the BIOS to F.18. Removed and re-seated the RAM, CPU and CMOS Battery (also installed new CMOS Battery). Sometimes it will run for a few days with no problem then all of a sudden back to the black screen again. Have searched for weeks on a proper solution but don't seem to be any closer.
LED Blink codes sometimes indicate CPU (1 x Blink, pause and repeat) and other times Corrupted BIOS (2 x Blink, Pause and reapeat) . Getting frustrated now.
Some have said that it can be repaired by re-soldering the graphics chip using infra red but I suspect that the issue is not actually with the graphics chip as when it's running it runs perfectly with no effect on graphics at all. The problem is only when it hibernates or gets powered off completely but again this is only sometimes not always.
Would really appreciate any further information or help. Thanks in advance.

Danny

Edited by drdenniss, 22 May 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Advertisements