Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstall 7-ZipPortable

• Please log in to reply

nirsmar

nirsmar

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
How do I uninstall 7-ZipPortable from my Windows XP System? I do not find a uninstall and do not see it in my programs. Thank You.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Did you put the downloaded executable on a USB stick for example?

nirsmar

nirsmar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
What I did was install it on my computer hard drive to see if I liked the program and then I was going to transfer it to a USB. Turns out that I just want to remove it from computer hard drive. It was from the portableapps. Thanks.

Edited by nirsmar, 25 May 2013 - 01:09 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
If you downloaded it to the HDD then the location should be as follows:

C:\7-Zipportable < Folder

You should be able to right click and delete the folder. Then search the C:\ drive and delete the whatever files might be left behind from the install.

nirsmar

nirsmar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I had placed it in my program files folder. I can locate that and delete it. But how do I know what the "other files left behind are?"

Thank you for the help.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Click on Start > Search and in the Search Companion dialog box, click All files and folders. Type in 7-Zipportable and if there are any files left behind they should be found by the search. Jot down the file paths in which they were found so you can follow the path to delete whatever leftovers there may be.

nirsmar

nirsmar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Most of the files are located in the selected location where I installed the .exe - however - through your search direction I do see a a file in the c:WINDOWS/prefetch and a couple other locations.