Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashes lately -.-

• Please log in to reply

junny100

junny100

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My laptop experience crash lately,last few months ago it was crashing too when playing games,watching anime but suddenly it doesnt crash like it fixed itself.But lately it started to crashing again when i play games and watch anime.it suddenly turn to black screen and takes 15 minute to start it again.my laptop is windows 7 ultimate service pack 1, processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHZ 2.40GHZ 64-bit Operationg system.In event viewer theres many error and 1 Critical(Event 41) when crashed.please help-.-

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: junny100

The symptoms that you describe can be caused by overheating, this causes the thermal sensor to shut the computer down to prevent the CPU from being fried, the error code is Windows telling you that it was not closed correctly and that it may have been caused by hardware failure.

Some questions for you;
What is the brand and model name or number of the notebook.
Is the notebook covered by a warranty.
When if ever was the last time that the inside of the notebook was cleaned out of heat trapping dust.
Is the notebook used on a flat and even surface so that air can flow freely through the exhaust vents.
What are the ambient room temperatures like where the notebook is used.

junny100

junny100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
What is the brand and model name or number of the notebook. =Asus,model i dont know whr to see @@
Is the notebook covered by a warranty.=no,its a old laptop
When if ever was the last time that the inside of the notebook was cleaned out of heat trapping dust.=never cleaned it
Is the notebook used on a flat and even surface so that air can flow freely through the exhaust vents.=yes,on my table
What are the ambient room temperatures like where the notebook is used. =29-30 celcius

i think its not temperature,cuz before crashing problem,my latop was on the whole week and even months with playing games and no crash o.o

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I can only go off the information provided and what you describe suggests overheating, your update highlights overheating even more as the possible cause;

When if ever was the last time that the inside of the notebook was cleaned out of heat trapping dust.=never cleaned it

I know your notebook is an ASUS but the cleaning guide at the attached link is the same principal for all brands http://h10025.www1.h...product=3927423

junny100

junny100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
where can i get a compresssed air can?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Not sure which country you are in so here is an example http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B000MQ7DZC

junny100

junny100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Malaysia :3

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Try a local computer store.

junny100

junny100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
but why few days ago it was working completely fine running all games and suddenly it crashes alot?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Dust build up doesn`t happen in a couple of seconds, hours or days, it is a gradual process and things can be fine one minute but not the next.

It is not just the CPU that can overheat and the video chip next to the CPU gets the hottest and when it gets overly hot it causes a black screen.

From your OP;

it started to crashing again when i play games and watch anime.it suddenly turn to black screen and takes 15 minute to start it again

The fact that the computer restarts again after 15 minutes means that the computer has cooled down enough to start.

It is entirely up to yourself if you clean out the notebook or not just so long as you are aware that the constant overheating is damaging all of your hardware.

NB: All computers should be cleaned out of dust whether they are shutting down or not, the environment that they are used in and the amount of usage determines how many times a year this should be done.

junny100

junny100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hmmm ok i just took out the back of my laptop and screw out the fan,all dust covering the vent -o- i cleaned it,still dont know the result as i tried leaving it for a night and still doing good

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

junny100

junny100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ya its alrite,no more crash ^_^