Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant connect to schools wifi.

• Please log in to reply

Cbtb95

Cbtb95

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My laptop picks up the school wifi but it just wont connect. Everyone else can connect their laptops to the wifi but mine wont. I have to be able to connect to the wifi so i can open a browser and log in with my school Id but i cant even get that far. There is no password to initially connect to the wifi and i dont need to register my computer with the school or anything like that. Im suppose to just be able to connect. It shows it loading as if im about to connect and then it says unable to connect. Like i said i can see the network and it is a strong connection, i just cant connect. Please help

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
I would suggest that you contact the schools systems administrators regarding this issue Cbtb95.

matthewwhite011

matthewwhite011

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Reinstalling the Wireless Network card drivers might work in your case

mariamenounous

mariamenounous

• Pip
  • 5 posts

My laptop picks up the school wifi but it just wont connect. Everyone else can connect their laptops to the wifi but mine wont. I have to be able to connect to the wifi so i can open a browser and log in with my school Id but i cant even get that far. There is no password to initially connect to the wifi and i dont need to register my computer with the school or anything like that. Im suppose to just be able to connect. It shows it loading as if im about to connect and then it says unable to connect. Like i said i can see the network and it is a strong connection, i just cant connect. Please help

Since you are unable to connect to your school wi-Fi, it means the connection is improper. Try checking the settings and well as the password required to connect the connection.. I guess there must be some issue with the settings..