Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Opinions.

• Please log in to reply

Lenxx117

Lenxx117

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys having recently traded My Laptop for A Half decent dual core PC (not the exactly the greatest ground for a gaming PC these days but it's semi Capable) Now I am not looking for Ultra Graphics or any such nonsense I only want to be able to play most games Be It even In the Lowest of Low graphics I am used to It Not having much money to my name I just want some recommendations In my Price Range I already have scoped out ram and am Happy with what I found But It only leaves me with so much... But what I am Looking for Is A graphics card.

This Is My motherboard http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=2669#sp

My Current Graphics Card Is a Nvidia 9600GT (obvious need of some form of Upgrade)

My Processor Is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00GHz (2 CPU's), ~2.4GHz

I can afford A Graphics card within the $0-$80 (I Know It's not much But it's all I have.

Any Help would be Appreciated A lot. Thank you Very much. (please try not to criticize It too much I only need assistance)

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Lenxx117, Posted Image
We can certainly find you a card but it will be helpful if you please let us know the brand and model of the PSU.

Lenxx117

Lenxx117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It's a P4-500W PSU I Believe. That's what the model Number Is.

Lenxx117

Lenxx117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes sorry I can't seem to see a brand... Besides Maybe a big blue K If that helps at all...

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Hey guys having recently traded My Laptop for A Half decent dual core PC (not the exactly the greatest ground for a gaming PC these days but it's semi Capable) Now I am not looking for Ultra Graphics or any such nonsense I only want to be able to play most games Be It even In the Lowest of Low graphics I am used to It Not having much money to my name I just want some recommendations In my Price Range I already have scoped out ram and am Happy with what I found But It only leaves me with so much... But what I am Looking for Is A graphics card.

This Is My motherboard http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=2669#sp

My Current Graphics Card Is a Nvidia 9600GT (obvious need of some form of Upgrade)

My Processor Is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00GHz (2 CPU's), ~2.4GHz

I can afford A Graphics card within the $0-$80 (I Know It's not much But it's all I have.

Any Help would be Appreciated A lot. Thank you Very much. (please try not to criticize It too much I only need assistance)

If you can find a GTX 8800 graphics card this ought to bring you up to mid range gaming...

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
A little concerned about the PSU as am unable to find any details about it with the infro you supplied.
The 9600GT draws about 95 watts upgrading to the suggested GTX 8800 would up that to 150 watts + increased AMPS demand.
We do need more info on the PSU before settling on a card otherwise the risks are, the GPU may be unstable, not give a signal, the PSU may cause damage to the card or MB or be over taxed and fail.

Let us know first,
do you think you are confident enough to remove the 4 screws holding the unit in place, and without removing cables, ease it around and give us the details hidden on the right side?

Lenxx117

Lenxx117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah I could give that a go. I'll get onto that asap.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Posted Image

Caution. The PSU will be heavy, if located in the top of the case, make sure to support it as you remove the screws.