Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I use my verse modem and router to connect a older computer wiith

• Please log in to reply

wwafrr

wwafrr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a older Emachine with a wired modem and router and no HiFi, can I get internet connection at my new home from my wiireless u-verse modem or router?

Edited by wwafrr, 31 May 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,980 posts
Hi Wwafrr :welcome:

If the machine is not very far from the router to catch the wireless signal a simple solution can be to install and USB adapter like this.
This one its only an example if possible try to buy and adapter from the same manufacture of the router to get better compatibility.

Before buying check the requirements to install the adapter specially if the old machine in running a Operating System supported.

In case the machine is outside the wireless range then you should consider a Power Line solution like this it uses the house electrical installation to extend your network range.