Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Icons reset

• Please log in to reply

whitewater

whitewater

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello,

I have an issue with my desktop icons resetting to the left each time I log in to my computer. I turn Align to Grid in desktop properties off each time and it seems to reset itself the next time I log in. Please advise?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hi,

Can you do a little test for me?

Move some icons to the place you want. Right click on the Desktop and click Refresh from the context menu, the icons moved?

whitewater

whitewater

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi, thanks for your response. I moved my icons to the position I want them in, hit refresh and they all move back to the top left corner of my desktop.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi, thanks for your response. I moved my icons to the position I want them in, hit refresh and they all move back to the top left corner of my desktop.

Hi,

Any other problems you notice? I ask this because there are cases where this happens because the machine is infected with malware!

You should start a new thread on the Malware Removal section of the forum to get specific help on Malware removing.
Before you post please read Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide starting from step 2.

After you get a clean bill of health you can return to this thread if the problem hasn't gone.